Cockroach pest control, Geelong
Cockroaches are one of nature’s most resilient insects, and one of the most hated – few pests conjure up such strong feelings of distress, embarrassment and disgust as do cockroaches. They have become such widespread pests because they thrive on very little. The insects require three things: water, food and warm shelter, and they have lived off the bare essentials with few changes since their creation more than 320 million years ago.
Cockroaches are nocturnal insects. They prefer to live and feed in the dark, so a cockroach seen during the day is a possible sign of infestation. Cockroaches tend to prefer dark, moist places to hide and breed and can commonly be found behind microwaves, fridges, sinks and stoves, as well as under floor drains and inside the motors of major appliances. Because they can flatten their bodies to fit into narrow areas, they may also be found hiding beneath rubber mats, behind wallpaper and within wall cracks.
What are the signs of an infestation?
- Cockroach faeces – cockroach poo resembles coffee grounds or black pepper, and the quantity of visible faeces is often a good indicator of the level or duration of the infestation.
- Unpleasant smells – a strong oily or musty odour may be present.
- Dead roaches – you would expect to find the bodies of dead cockroaches throughout the house or business premises.
- Eggs – oval-shaped egg cases are sometimes visible behind furniture and in other hidden locations, such as the spaces between books.
If you have spotted any of the signs above, you should arrange for professional cockroach pest control to get rid of the pest quickly. Geelong, Bellarine and Surfcoast Pest Control offer you an efficient way to control this unwanted insect and is the most reliable way to prevent a future cockroach problem. We pride ourselves on a fast, responsive service, and all appointments are scheduled at times that are convenient for you.
Methods of cockroach extermination used depends on the size and location of the infestation. There are several techniques and tools that we can employ or recommend to get rid of cockroaches in your home or business.
One strategy is to work with us to reduce the cockroach attractants. There are a number of steps you can take to prevent cockroaches invading your home:
- Seal entry points – this will help prevent cockroaches from entering your home. Key risk areas are gaps around pipes, drains and common walls with neighbouring properties
- Clear away crumbs and other food particles
- Store food in containers or sealed plastic bags
- Clean all garbage and spills immediately
- Clean food debris from under fridges and ovens
- Clean dirty dishes immediately after meals
- Remove pet food overnight
- Keep garbage and compost in sealed bins
- Don’t leave liquids in sinks or buckets overnight.
We offer cockroach pest control by employing traps such as glue boards in areas where cockroaches may travel or hide, and ensuring the proper application of products such as baits and residuals into cracks and crevices and the exterior of the home.
You can rely on the professional service provided by Geelong, Bellarine and Surfcoast Pest Control to rid you of any nasty cockroach infestation. We also solve pest problems if you have infestations of rodents, spiders, ants and more.